Dec 01 , 2020
Recipe for crispy, golden beer batter fried hake – serve with the sides of your choice
- 250ml All purpose Flour
- 45ml Cornflour
- 15ml Custard Powder
- 340ml Beer ( I use lager)
- 8 fillets White Fish ( I used Baby hake fillets)
- 250ml All purpose Flour for drenching.
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the beer until you have a smooth batter.
- Warm your oil to 180C.
- To test temperature without a thermometer drop a 1″ piece of bread in the oil, it should brown after 60 seconds.
- Season your fish fillets well, I use fish spice.
- Drench your fish in plain flour.
- Dip the fish in the batter and carefully place in the hot oil.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve as soon as possible.