Chocolate-Dipped Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- May 19, 2020
- Ally Cohen
I created this recipe based on our family's love of chocolate-dipped ice cream cones. Red heart-shaped sprinkles make them fun for Valentine's Day. Vary the color to match the occasion. —Jennifer Gilbert, Brighton, Michigan
- 1 package French vanilla or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 24 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- Coloured sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 24 mini-muffin cups. Stand ice cream cones in additional mini-muffin cups.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions. Fill each greased muffin cup with 1 tablespoon batter. Divide remaining batter among ice cream cones (scant 2 tablespoons each).
- Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Transfer both plain and cone cupcakes to wire racks; cool completely.
- For frosting, beat butter and shortening until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- To assemble, spread a small amount of frosting on bottom of each plain cupcake; attach to top of a cone cupcake. Spread remaining frosting over top cupcakes, rounding tops to resemble a scoop of ice cream. Freeze until frosting is firm, 5-10 minutes.
- For glaze, in a large metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate and shortening, stirring until smooth. Dip tops of cones in chocolate mixture. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set.
Absolutely delish! Perfect for all those Hershey lovers out there.
Feeling like something savoury? Why not tangle your tastebuds with this Mmmnandi Mfino and Smoked Salmon Quiche.
This is a super popular Southeast Asian dessert that is thoroughly enjoyed all over the world today. That’s how you SPREAD THE LOVE! Soft, sweet sticky rice smothered with creamy sweet coconut sauce, then paired with sweet, juicy fresh mangos.
Are you looking for low carb peanut butter recipes to add to your collection of keto recipes? If so, you are going to love this no-bake low carb cheesecake.