Crispy Corn Flake Baked Fish Recipe With Tartar Sauce
- March 02, 2021
- Lisa Goldberg
Cornflake crumbs make a crispy coating on these easy baked fish fillets. The fish is flavoured with butter, lemon juice, and seasonings.
Total: 35 mins
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon dill weed (dried)
- 2 cups corn flakes (crushed)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle or capers (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, or to taste
- Heat the oven to 350 F
- Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish
- If fish fillets are large, cut into serving-size portions
- Combine butter and lemon juice in a bowl; set aside
- In a small bowl or cup, mix salt, pepper, and (if using) dill
- Put the cornflake crumbs in a wide, shallow bowl
- Dip each piece of fish in butter and lemon mixture
- Sprinkle salt and dill mixture over each side of fish
- Coat with the corn flake crumbs
- Place the fillets in the prepared pan and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish fillets.
Quick Tartar Sauce
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chopped pickle or capers, and mustard. Stir to blend. Taste and adjust seasonings.
London baker Eloise Head's 'no bake' Milkybar cheesecake, made from six simple supermarket ingredients without turning on an oven.
There's nothing prettier for the Christmas tree than making your personal decorations. And it's a bonus if they are suitable for eating too! Make them with your children as a great Christmas activity with a delicious result!
Overnight oats are a quick, healthy and most importantly delicious way to ensure that you have breakfast ready to go as soon as you wake up