DIY Fish Paste
- January 20, 2022
- Lisa Goldberg
YES we all heard the bad news that Redro fish paste and Pecks fish paste are being discontinued and will no longer be available to purchase. Fish paste is very much loved by South Africans so looks like we will have to make it at home. We came across this easy recipe to make your own fishpaste at home from FOOD24. Check it out below.
Minimal effort, minimal ingredient recipe that packs a serious flavour punch - homemade fish paste you'll adore!
- 8 Anchovy Fillets
- 120g Sardines — tinned in oil, oil removed
- 15ml Vegetable Oil — or use the oil that’s left over from the tinned sardines and/or anchovies
- 10 ml Tomato Paste
- Pinch Salt
Blitz all the ingredients together in a Nutribullet or food processer, and enjoy on a slice of toast with lots of butter!
- Leave out the tomato paste if it’s not your thing, but it does add a nice boost of tang and umami
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper
- Save time and mix in your butter with the fish paste beforehand so you only need to add one spread on your toast before you can start eating
London baker Eloise Head's 'no bake' Milkybar cheesecake, made from six simple supermarket ingredients without turning on an oven.
There's nothing prettier for the Christmas tree than making your personal decorations. And it's a bonus if they are suitable for eating too! Make them with your children as a great Christmas activity with a delicious result!
Overnight oats are a quick, healthy and most importantly delicious way to ensure that you have breakfast ready to go as soon as you wake up