Real Fudge Recipe
- July 20, 2021
- Lisa Goldberg
Try your hand at this recipe for real condensed milk fudge
- 1 (385 g) can condensed milk
- 500 ml (2 cups) sugar
- 25 ml golden syrup
- 75 ml water
- 60 g butter
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- Put sugar and water into a large heavy saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the butter and syrup and stir until the butter has melted.
- Add the condensed milk and stir until it comes to the boil.
- Boil very slowly on low heat, stirring every minute or 2, until soft ball stage (the mixture will darken to a deep caramel colour and will start to form sugary crystals on the sides, sounding like sand when you scrape it).
- Remove from the stove, add the vanilla and beat it with a wooden spoon for 5-10 minutes until it starts to thicken (beating the fudge will ensure a great texture when completely cooled)
- Pour into a greased pan and leave to cool.
- Cut into squares when cold.
Source: Real Fudge Recipe
London baker Eloise Head's 'no bake' Milkybar cheesecake, made from six simple supermarket ingredients without turning on an oven.
There's nothing prettier for the Christmas tree than making your personal decorations. And it's a bonus if they are suitable for eating too! Make them with your children as a great Christmas activity with a delicious result!
Overnight oats are a quick, healthy and most importantly delicious way to ensure that you have breakfast ready to go as soon as you wake up