THE SPRINGBOKKIE (PEPPERMINT CRISP TRIFLE)
- May 25, 2021
- Lisa Goldberg
In honour of the Springboks, Rugby World Cup 2019 champions, The Springbokkie was created. A new kind of Peppermint Crisp pudding – an extra green-and-gold version, with a base of bright green jelly.
- 2 packets cream soda or green jelly
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- 2 x 360 g cans Nestlé caramel treat (Dulce de Leche)
- 2 x 200 g packets Bakers Tennis biscuits (or Graham crackers, Arnott's Nice biscuits, Maria’s, Nilla wafers, Krispies Coconut)
- 2 x 150 g slabs Nestlé Peppermint Crisp, roughly broken into chunks
- Prepare the jelly according to package instructions. Pour into a large trifle bowl and chill to set for a few hours. Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Use an electric stand-mixer for about 3 minutes on a medium speed and then speed it up for the last minute. In a separate bowl, beat the Caramel Treat using a fork to loosen and ensure a smooth texture.
- Gently fold the caramel into the whipped cream, then add most of the chocolate pieces (set aside a cupful for decoration).
- Make a single layer of whole Tennis biscuits on top of the jelly and around the sides of the bowl. Top with layers of the caramel mixture, then add another layer of Tennis biscuits and repeat until the bowl is full.
- Sprinkle the remaining Peppermint Crisp over the top. Cover with tin foil and chill for at least 7 hours before serving.
- If you have any filling left, layer with more Tennis biscuits in a small, shallow tray to make a quick peppermint tart. Chill for a treat in case you can’t wait for the trifle.
Recipe and Photo: Hannah Lewry, https:// taste. co.za/recipes/the-springbokkie-peppermint-crisp-trifle/
London baker Eloise Head's 'no bake' Milkybar cheesecake, made from six simple supermarket ingredients without turning on an oven.
There's nothing prettier for the Christmas tree than making your personal decorations. And it's a bonus if they are suitable for eating too! Make them with your children as a great Christmas activity with a delicious result!
Overnight oats are a quick, healthy and most importantly delicious way to ensure that you have breakfast ready to go as soon as you wake up