Dec 13 , 2016
This Avocado Cheesecake has a great balance of flavors. Unexpected ingredients in a tasty dessert are always fun.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
What you’ll need
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 16 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup sugar plus 1/4 cup for crust
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- zest of 1 large lime (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- non-stick cooking spray or butter to grease pan
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Add butter to crumb/sugar mixture and stir, combining with a spoon.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form baking pan.
- Place crumb mixture in pan and press the mixture evenly on the bottom of pan, going up to about 1/4″ on the sides.
- Bake for 7 minutes for crust to set. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, place cream cheese and mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add avocado, 1 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- While mixing, carefully add eggs, one at a time until well combined.
- Run the mixture through a fine strainer into another bowl.
- Fold in lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Carefully pour mixture in pan over crust, evenly smooth out to cover with a spatula.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let cool at room temperature and refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
- Top with your favorite jam garnish with your favorite berry.