Bananas Foster Cheesecake
- May 05, 2020
- Ally Cohen
Cheesecake! Bananas Foster! Can you say…..heavenly dessert? This starts with a perfect cheesecake.
Ingredients For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 yolks, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter.
- Press into 9-inch springform pan onto bottom of the pan and about 1-inch up the sides.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Change the oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to medium and add the eggs and egg yolks, 2 at a time, mixing well.
- Scrape down the bowl and beater, as necessary.
- On low, add the sour cream, zest, and vanilla.
- Mix well and pour onto your crust that has cooled.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 225 degrees F and bake for another 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and open the door wide. The cake will not be completely set in the centre.
- Allow the cake to sit in the oven with the door open for 30 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let sit at room temp for 2 to 3 hours or until it is completely cooled.
- Wrap well and chill overnight.
- Remove the cake from the springform pan by running a hot knife around the outside of the cake.
- Leave the cake on the bottom of the springform pan for serving.
- 4-5 bananas
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add sugar and whisk in until smooth. Slice bananas on a diagonal and add to skillet. Stir gently to coat. Pour onto the cold cheesecake and serve up! Yum! Add some whipped cream, too, if desired.
Absolutely delish! Perfect for all those Hershey lovers out there.
Feeling like something savoury? Why not tangle your tastebuds with this Mmmnandi Mfino and Smoked Salmon Quiche.
This is a super popular Southeast Asian dessert that is thoroughly enjoyed all over the world today. That’s how you SPREAD THE LOVE! Soft, sweet sticky rice smothered with creamy sweet coconut sauce, then paired with sweet, juicy fresh mangos.
Are you looking for low carb peanut butter recipes to add to your collection of keto recipes? If so, you are going to love this no-bake low carb cheesecake.