May 05 , 2020
Cheesecake! Bananas Foster! Can you say…..heavenly dessert? This starts with a perfect cheesecake.
Ingredients For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 yolks, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter.
- Press into 9-inch springform pan onto bottom of the pan and about 1-inch up the sides.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Change the oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to medium and add the eggs and egg yolks, 2 at a time, mixing well.
- Scrape down the bowl and beater, as necessary.
- On low, add the sour cream, zest, and vanilla.
- Mix well and pour onto your crust that has cooled.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 225 degrees F and bake for another 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and open the door wide. The cake will not be completely set in the centre.
- Allow the cake to sit in the oven with the door open for 30 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let sit at room temp for 2 to 3 hours or until it is completely cooled.
- Wrap well and chill overnight.
- Remove the cake from the springform pan by running a hot knife around the outside of the cake.
- Leave the cake on the bottom of the springform pan for serving.
- 4-5 bananas
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add sugar and whisk in until smooth. Slice bananas on a diagonal and add to skillet. Stir gently to coat. Pour onto the cold cheesecake and serve up! Yum! Add some whipped cream, too, if desired.