How to Make Popcorn Ice Cream The Easy Way
- March 16, 2021
- Lisa Goldberg
For all those ice cream and popcorn fans out there!
Recipe by Grace Stevens
- 4 large egg yolks
- 250ml Selati Castor Snow
- 400ml cream
- 350ml full cream milk
- 5 cups of popped popcorn (1 bag of microwave popcorn)
- 3ml salt
- In a large bowl, place ice blocks and water. Rest a second bowl over the ice to prepare for your ice cream.
- Combine milk and cream in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Add popcorn and salt. Stir well.
- Allow to sit for at least 30mins, overnight is best.
- Pass milk and popcorn mixture through a sieve and squeeze out all the moisture.
- Discard popcorn.
- Bring the milk up to a simmer again. Do not boil.
- While milk is heating, beat egg yolks and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Remove a cup of the milk mixture and pour slowly into the egg mixture while beating on high.
- Add egg mixture to remaining milk and return to the stove.
- Allow mixture to thicken slowly. Remove from heat.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve into the prepared iced bowl.
- Stir the mixture until it cools completely.
- Place in a freezer-proof container and place in the freezer overnight.
- Serve with caramel popcorn and caramel sauce.
Absolutely delish! Perfect for all those Hershey lovers out there.
Feeling like something savoury? Why not tangle your tastebuds with this Mmmnandi Mfino and Smoked Salmon Quiche.
This is a super popular Southeast Asian dessert that is thoroughly enjoyed all over the world today. That’s how you SPREAD THE LOVE! Soft, sweet sticky rice smothered with creamy sweet coconut sauce, then paired with sweet, juicy fresh mangos.
Are you looking for low carb peanut butter recipes to add to your collection of keto recipes? If so, you are going to love this no-bake low carb cheesecake.