Jan 19 , 2021
This cheesecake is so deliciously smooth and creamy, no one would ever believe it could possibly be low carb!
- 24 oz cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
- 2 cups yoghurt, such as coconut milk yoghurt
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, optional
- 2/3 cup erythritol (sugar or maple syrup also work for non-keto)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Fill any baking pan about halfway up with water, and place it on the oven’s lower rack.
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature, then beat all ingredients in a blender or food processor just until smooth (overbeating can cause cracking as it bakes). I do usually include the lemon for a classic cheesecake flavour, but it will still work if you don’t have any on hand and need to leave it out.
- Spread filling on top of prepared crust.
- Place on the middle rack (above the rack with the water pan).
- Bake 30 minutes (or 38 minutes if using an 8-inch pan), and do not open the oven at all during this time. Once the time is up, still do not open the oven, but turn off the heat and let the cheesecake sit in the oven an additional 5 minutes.
- Then remove from the oven—it will still look underdone.
- Let cool on the counter 20 minutes, then refrigerate overnight, during which time it will firm up considerably. As I mention in the post, the cooling times are important so the cake cools gradually and thus does not crack.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator 3-4 days, or slice and freeze if desired.