Jan 12 , 2021
Chewy and delicious, this treat is little balls of ice cream wrapped in sweet rice dough. Made with glutinous rice, which is then turned into flour and eventually into a rice cake. A delectable after meal treat!
- 2 Egg yolks
- 30g Sugar
- 100g Condensed milk
- 5g Corn starch
- 150g Hot milk
- 10g Vanilla bean paste
- 250g Heavy cream
- 200g Glutinous rice powder (Dry)
- 80g Sugar
- 2g Salt
- 250g Hot water
- Sponge cake sheet
1. Add sugar to egg yolk and mix. Add cornstarch and mix. Add condensed milk and vanilla bean paste.
2. Pour hot milk, mix, put in a pot and heat over low heat until it is slightly thick.
3. Transfer to another bowl and cool in the refrigerator.
4. Whip the fresh cream to about 70%, and then strain the cooled (3) through a sieve and mix.
5. Put in a container and harden in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
6. Add sugar and salt to the glutinous rice flour, mix, add hot water, and wrap it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
7. Mix well, wrap again, spin for 2 minutes, beat for 5 minutes, and knead to become sticky.
8. Sprinkle with starch, put the dough, cool lukewarm, cut into suitable size and spread wide.
9. Put the dough in the silicone mold, scoop out the vanilla ice cream with a measuring spoon, put a sponge cake sheet cut into 4cm, and wrap it with the dough.
10. Freeze firmly in the freezer.