Marmite and Cheese Muffins
- May 15, 2021
- Lisa Goldberg
The best combo for those that love cheese and Marmite!
P.s. Bovril can be used in place of Marmite for a milder taste (remember it’s non-vegetarian)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20- 25 minutes
- Yields: 12 muffins
- 25 ml Marmite
- 200 g mature cheddar cheese (grated)
- 100 g butter
- 150 ml milk
- 3 cups flour (I used a mix of gluten free flours)
- 20 ml Baking Powder
- 3 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Melt butter and Marmite together
3. Sift together dry ingredients and add the cheese
4. Wait for the Marmite/butter mixture to cool down and add the eggs and milk – stir well
5. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients 1/3 at a time and stir until just mixed. Do not over mix!
6. Spoon into greased muffin tin
7. Add extra Marmite and cheese on top, sprinkle with a touch of the herb mix
8. Bake for 25- 30 minutes and enjoy!
London baker Eloise Head's 'no bake' Milkybar cheesecake, made from six simple supermarket ingredients without turning on an oven.
There's nothing prettier for the Christmas tree than making your personal decorations. And it's a bonus if they are suitable for eating too! Make them with your children as a great Christmas activity with a delicious result!
Overnight oats are a quick, healthy and most importantly delicious way to ensure that you have breakfast ready to go as soon as you wake up