QUICK 7 HOUR BEEF BILTONG RECIPE
- December 13, 2016
- Lisa Goldberg
Biltong is alot easier to make than you think
Biltong is a South African classic. Make biltong fast. With this quick and easy recipe, you can make your own biltong and eat it within a few hours.
- 1 Cup aged red wine vinegar
- 1 cup Worchester sauce
- Half tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
WHAT TO DO:
- Mix all the above together until the baking soda settled and the brown sugar dissolved.
- Salt crystals (Not fine salt)
- 1 cup Crushed dry coriander ( not coriander powder)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 to 3 kg top-or silverside beef/meat
- Cut the meat with the grain from 1cm thick up to 4cm thick. They will dry at different times and you always have nice not to dry biltong.
- Dip the biltong pieces for 2 seconds in the above vinegar mixture, and place in a container (not aluminium).
- After 1 1/2 hours, drain the container, and swop the bottom meat pieces with the top ones. Leave again for another 1 1/2 hours. (Altogether 3 hours)
- After vinegar session of 3 hours, sprinkle the meat with gross salt to taste on both sides, and place in a container.
- After 1 1/2 hours, drain the container, and swop the bottom pieces with the top ones. Leave for another 1 1/2 hours. (Altogether 3 hours).
Now the spicing:
- Mix the crushed coriander and white pepper, and sprinkle over the meat to taste.
- Take paper clips, bend them into s-shape, and use them to hang the biltong to dry. You can also use a fan blowing directly onto the meat to dry faster.
Have you tried this easy biltong recipe?
Let us know how it tasted in comments. Also share your favourite biltong recipe.
Planning a week's worth of family meals on a budget in South Africa may seem daunting at first, but with the right strategies and resources, it becomes an attainable goal.