Dec 13 , 2016
This creamy frozen strawberry crunch cake is made with fresh strawberries and topped with crunchy Nature Valley granola bars.
- 1 box Nature Valley Granola Bars
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lemon
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups freshly chopped strawberries
- Put the Nature Valley granola bars in a food processor and process until you achieve a course crumb.
- In a large bowl, add the crumbs, brown sugar, flour and melted butter and mix together. Then spread into an 8×8-inch pan that has been covered with parchment paper. Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes. Let cool. Then divide in half and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs whites and sugar and mix on high. Add the heavy cream and continue mixing for another 5 minutes.
- Continue to add the fresh squeezed lemon juice and softened cream cheese. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Fold the fresh strawberries into the cream mixture.
- In a buttered glass cake pan, press half of the crumb crust mixture on the bottom. Top with strawberry mix and then add the remaining crumbs to the top.
- Cover and freeze for three hours or more and enjoy!