Mediterranean Meal Prep
- June 24, 2021
- Lisa Goldberg
This Mediterranean Meal Prep Bowl is absolutely tasty! An easy healthy dinner or lunch meal that you’ll love ❤.
This Mediterranean Meal Prep Bowl is absolutely tasty! An easy healthy dinner or lunch meal that you will love ❤.
for 4 servings
- 15 oz chickpeas(425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- sea salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- red pepper flake, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup quinoa(170 g), uncooked, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth(480 mL)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 lemons, juiced, divided
- salt, to taste
- 2 persian cucumbers
- ½ cup grape tomato(100 g)
- kalamata olive, to taste
- ½ red onion
- fresh parsley leaf, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- feta cheese, crumbled, to taste
- Make the hummus: Add the chickpeas to a food processor with the garlic, paprika, salt, cumin, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and the water. Pulse until creamy.
- Transfer the hummus to a container and top with more olive oil and red pepper flakes. The hummus will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Make the Mediterranean bowl: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour the quinoa into the skillet and toast for 3-4 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Add the vegetable broth, thyme, tarragon, parsley, juice of 1 lemon, and salt and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Slice the cucumbers, halve the tomatoes, chop the olives, and dice the onion.
- Place all of the vegetables in a medium bowl. Add the parsley, remaining tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- To assemble a bowl, add ¼ of the quinoa, ¼ of the vegetables, and ¼ of the hummus to a resealable container. Top the vegetables with crumbled feta.
- Store the bowls in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
By: Isabel Castillo
Absolutely delish! Perfect for all those Hershey lovers out there.
Feeling like something savoury? Why not tangle your tastebuds with this Mmmnandi Mfino and Smoked Salmon Quiche.
This is a super popular Southeast Asian dessert that is thoroughly enjoyed all over the world today. That’s how you SPREAD THE LOVE! Soft, sweet sticky rice smothered with creamy sweet coconut sauce, then paired with sweet, juicy fresh mangos.
Are you looking for low carb peanut butter recipes to add to your collection of keto recipes? If so, you are going to love this no-bake low carb cheesecake.