Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- June 10, 2021
- Lisa Goldberg
This super easy Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Recipe is a healthier way to make that classic Italian comfort food meal. Crispy and juicy seasoned chicken breasts topped with marinara sauce and melty mozzarella cheese!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat your air fryer for 3 to 5 minutes at 360 degrees.
- Meanwhile place your cut chicken breasts on a cutting board and cover with a sheet of parchment paper. Use a heavy rolling pin or meat mallet to pound the chicken to an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper on both sides to taste.
Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan and garlic powder in a shallow rimmed plate. In a separate bowl whisk the egg. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg mixture then coat evenly in the breadcrumb mixture. It's best to do this one at a time.
Spritz each chicken breast with non-stick spray to give an even better golden crust, then place chicken in an even layer in air fryer basket. If your fryer is small, you might have to do this in batches.
Cook at 360 degrees for 6 minutes, flip and cook an additional 3 minutes.
Top each chicken breast with 2 tbsp of marinara sauce and 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese then continue cooking an additional 3 minutes. Serve with pasta if desired and enjoy!
London baker Eloise Head's 'no bake' Milkybar cheesecake, made from six simple supermarket ingredients without turning on an oven.
There's nothing prettier for the Christmas tree than making your personal decorations. And it's a bonus if they are suitable for eating too! Make them with your children as a great Christmas activity with a delicious result!
Overnight oats are a quick, healthy and most importantly delicious way to ensure that you have breakfast ready to go as soon as you wake up