Sep 29 , 2020
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled, plus more for pan
- 1& 1/2 cup digestive biscuits, crumbed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (3 lemons)
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C degrees.
- Brush a square baking dish with melted butter.
- Crush biscuits
- Then add in sugar and butter and blend to mix.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool crust, 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and condensed milk.
- Add lemon juice; whisk until smooth.
- Pour filling into cooled crust; carefully spread to edges.
- Bake until set, about 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream.