How to make a Caramel Amarula Fridge Tart
- December 24, 2020
- Ally Cohen
Amarula is one of South Africa’s favourite liqueurs. In fact, this creamy tipple is one of our Olympic athlete Caster Semenya’s favourite drinks – seriously!
While most often enjoyed in liquid form, it also makes a great addition to cooking as in this no-bake, oh-easy-to-make fridge tart.
Creamy Caramel And Amarula Fridge Tart
Be warned, though, this boozy bonanza is probably not kid-friendly. And it’s definitely not Banting-friendly if you are on that diet!
2 packets of tennis biscuits
one tin of caramel condensed milk
300 ml Amarula liqueur
Three cups of milk
2 heaped tablespoons of cornflour
One heaped tablespoon of normal flour
¾ cup of sugar
- Place a layer of biscuits in container, using ¾ of the packet.
- Sprinkle 100ml of Amarula over the biscuits.
- Open the condensed milk and put large blobs on each biscuit and then flatten with a tablespoon. Put another layer of biscuits on top and sprinkle with 100ml Amarula.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan, take ½ a cup of the milk and mix the sugar, cornflour and flour to a paste. Bring milk to boil and slowly add the mixture of milk, sugar, corn flour and flour in. Be careful and go steady – you don’t want clumps!
- Slowly bring back to the boil on a lower heat. Let it simmer for about five minutes, but keep an eye on things so that the mixture does not burn.
- Separate the eggs and beat four egg yolks very well. Keep the egg whites aside – you’ll need them later. Slowly add the all of the warm mixture to the egg yolks. Mix well and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fluffy, add 100ml Amarula to the egg whites and fold into warm mixture. Place this on top of the biscuits you prepared earlier. Break up the leftover biscuits and sprinkle over the top. Refrigerate when cool.
Absolutely delish! Perfect for all those Hershey lovers out there.
Feeling like something savoury? Why not tangle your tastebuds with this Mmmnandi Mfino and Smoked Salmon Quiche.
This is a super popular Southeast Asian dessert that is thoroughly enjoyed all over the world today. That’s how you SPREAD THE LOVE! Soft, sweet sticky rice smothered with creamy sweet coconut sauce, then paired with sweet, juicy fresh mangos.
Are you looking for low carb peanut butter recipes to add to your collection of keto recipes? If so, you are going to love this no-bake low carb cheesecake.