Slow-Cooker Chicken Thighs with Soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger
- September 03, 2019
- Ally Cohen
Soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger (along with the natural juices of the chicken) become irresistible sauce to serve over chicken thighs and rice.
Soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger (along with the natural juices of the chicken) become irresistible sauce to serve over chicken thighs and rice. If you like a thicker sauce, simply add cornstarch at the end and cook a little longer.
Directions for: Slow-Cooker Chicken Thighs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (2 to 2 1/2 lbs total)
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch, optional
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped scallions and cooked white rice, for serving
1. Coat the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and add the chicken thighs. In a glass measuring cup, whisk together the honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oregano, pepper flakes, garlic and ginger and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is cooked through and tender, 5 to 6 hours. Turn off the heat, uncover and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving. The chicken and sauce can be served as-is or, for a thicker sauce, remove the chicken and set aside, covered, to keep warm, then turn the slow cooker to high. Stir the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water together until it resembles heavy cream. Pour the mixture into the sauce, cover and cook until the sauce is thick and bubbling, about 30 minutes. (The mixture must come to a boil to activate the starch and thicken the sauce.) Return the chicken back to the sauce and heat the chicken through, about 5 minutes.
2. Transfer the chicken and sauce to a platter, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and scallions and serve hot with rice.
Absolutely delish! Perfect for all those Hershey lovers out there.
Feeling like something savoury? Why not tangle your tastebuds with this Mmmnandi Mfino and Smoked Salmon Quiche.
This is a super popular Southeast Asian dessert that is thoroughly enjoyed all over the world today. That’s how you SPREAD THE LOVE! Soft, sweet sticky rice smothered with creamy sweet coconut sauce, then paired with sweet, juicy fresh mangos.