Dec 05 , 2020
Oh my word! These Chili Cheese Fries Recipe are a treat. Skip the fast-food drive-through and make your own chili cheese fries for the perfect meal or appetizer.
- ¼ large onion diced
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- ¼ can of water use the tomato sauce can to measure
- ½ of a 15 ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 ounce can of green chilies
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups of extra sharp cheddar I shredded 1 eight ounce block
- 2 cups of shredded pepper jack I shredded 1/4 of a 2 pound block
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
You'll also need:
- 1 bag of frozen French fries
- jalapenos and green onions for garnish
Prepare French fries according to package directions.
In a skillet, sauté diced onion until they start to become translucent. Add the ground beef and cook until all the pink is gone. Drain fat.
Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, green chilies, water and seasonings. Stir and let simmer for 3-5 minutes while you shred the cheese.
In a medium sauce pan, heat up heavy cream until bubbles start to form around the sides. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses and seasonings until the cheese is completely melted.
To assemble the dish, spread some cheese on the bottom of the plate, then pile the fries on top of the cheese, add a little more cheese, top with chili, more cheese sauce and garnish with green onion and jalapenos.